After the flood, you may have vacuumed up all the water, but what about all the lingering effects? The building material in your home acts like a sponge, picks up the water and retains it. Commercial dehumidification is mandatory.
There is a 5 step process to drying up your home after this flood
1. The removal of all wet or damp building materials including carpet, padding, sections of the wallboard, molding, and insulation down to the subfloor
2. The application of a biocide and thorough cleansing of all affected areas (with a scrub brush, including floor joists)
3. An additional application of anti-microbial agent for long-lasting protection
4. Dry out space with commercial dehumidification units and air movers (to return your home to proper humidity levels)
5. Verify humidity levels in all remaining building materials with a moisture meter
SKIPPING ANY OF THESE STEPS WILL LEAD TO MOLD AND ODOR
Done properly, the end product is a dry, odor-free area. Only then can the restoration process begin.
Call us, we can help!